Change.gov Website Launched By Barack Obama To Receive Feedback From Americans During Time Of Transition To US Presidency

by Trendy

President elect Barack Obama has launched the website Change.gov to invite American citizens to “Share Your Vision” with him and his team during the transition period. While Bush remains in charge of the White House, Barack Obama has already started working on his transition to becoming the United States President. Change.gov will carry all the latest news about what Barack Obama and his team are doing. It will also help common people to share their views and whatever they think should be done by the new government to put the country back on the track to progress.

The home page of Obama’s new website has a timer on the top showing how many days before Obama takes his oath as the new president. It also shows a quote from Obama that reads “Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today.”. It also invites Citizens to share their ideas and visions with the following text – “The story of the campaign and this historic moment has been your story. Share your story and your ideas, and be part of bringing positive lasting change to this country.” You can also submit your story about this election and what you think about it. The website says “The story of this campaign is your story. It is about the great things we can do when we come together around a common purpose. We want to hear your inspiring stories from the campaign and Election Day.”

If you would like to share your ideas with President elect Barack Obama and his team, go to this page on change.gov. To keep yourself updated with Obama is doing during the transition, read the blog on change.gov.

Love this article? Get our best articles, deals and newsletters delivered direct to your inbox at no cost. Subscribe by entering your email below.

We respect your privacy and will never share your e-mail address with anyone.

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Larry Wright November 22, 2008 at 8:20 am

I am a disabled veteran and have been stripped of retirement benefits but I have 20+ years of servie in the U.S. Marines Corp. I fought for benefits and have been told that if I try to use benefits I will be arrested. I worked with Sen. Diane Feinsteins office and won my benfits back. After the Senator office stopped the investigation and the Marines reinstated my benefits they again stopped the benefits again. When I contacted the Marine Retirement Branch the Assistant to the OIC in charge sdreamed at me that they know what they are doing and hung up on me. I am a cancer survivor. 30% disabled from the VA the Marines reduced rating to 10% removed my retirement and said I was 3 months short of 20 years. Presidnet Elect Obama I need your help please. I only want what I earned. I did not support this war and from the beginning voice that opinion. It appears they did reach out to get me. Its sad that after 20 years the worse enemy I would face would be my own country.

2 Trendy November 24, 2008 at 4:13 pm

Larry,

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave a comment here. First of all, let me thank you and others in uniform for your service.

We all know that veterans in this country are not receiving the help that they deserve. The VA is in a mess and needs an urgent rehaul from top to bottom. We can only hope that President elect Obama does something about this and makes sure that veterans are treated properly.

3 Katharine S. Ayers November 27, 2008 at 12:59 pm

Happy Thanksgiving

I was inspired by your and Michele’s vision,wisdom and practicality on the Barbara Walters interview last night. Thank you.

I thought you would appreciate this quote by Abraham Lincoln if you don’t already know it.

“We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of heaven; we have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity; we have grown in numbers, wealth and power as no other nation has ever grown.

But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand, which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us. “

4 Charles December 2, 2008 at 5:20 pm

Abolish Medical Fascism – Protect Health Freedom

Leaders in Washington have been working to restrict our access to dietary supplements – including the safe, effective, and affordable vitamins, minerals, and herbs you depend on for your health. Your hard-won natural health freedoms as guaranteed by the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) of 1994 have come under attack by the political allies of pharmaceutical interest groups!”

The FDA – Who Do They Really Protect? The US Food and Drug Administration “partner” of the pharmaceutical industry
The percentage of Americans attracted to natural healing methods is growing and threatens the economic monopoly of Big Medicine, the AMA-FDA-Pharmacy cartel, which has for many years dictated health care approaches used in the USA with an iron fist. This appears to be the major reason for the intensification of the FDA’s vicious and murderous war against the natural health movement.

If the AMA dislikes a particular health care approach, they work to banish such methods within hospitals, and to suspend the medical licenses of any doctor who employs them. They have often been able to rely upon state licensing boards and legislatures, and even the US Congress, to pass laws outlawing natural healing methods and the non-MD practitioner (such as midwives, herbalists or acupuncturists). Failing here, the AMA and friends in the drug industry have relied upon their allies in the FDA to aggressively assault the advocates of natural treatment methods. http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com

“We Become Silent” A documentary about the threat to medical freedom of choice. The Last Days of Health Freedom’ details the ongoing attempts by multinational pharmaceutical interests and giant food companies — in concert with the WTO, the WHO and others — to limit the public’s access to herbs, vitamins and other therapies. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=451097355502728465&ei=7xQzSfzsLpnWqAPYv5XzDQ&q=We+Become+Silent

5 L.D.W.G. January 13, 2009 at 9:41 pm

LAST DITCH EFFORT: LETTER TO OFFICE OF COMPTROLLER (COPY TO OBAMA WEBSITE)

To whom it may concern,
Bank of America is stealing my home. The experts who know to warn us of such exploits motivated by sufficient equity and resale value; they don’t seem to show up on c-span. I have offered to payoff mortgage balance and they will not take it. I have provable paperwork that they MANIPULATED AND FORCED A FORECLOSURE AND ALL THE EXPENSES THAT GO WITH IT. I am a 61 year old disabled single female being thrown out of my home in the dead of January with all the expenses(on top of losses and damages) involved in recovery or government dependency.

They have been behaving criminally for the last five years. What kind of insanity is allowing them to get away with so much abuse? Is every so called position of power so impotent that nothing or nobody can stop these fools?

They fired a branch employee for acknowledging a forged check that other employee was intending the customer to eat.

They cooperated with illegal power of attorney. See various internet sites for list ad infinitum.

No need to respond to this email unless you can help me stay in my home. I have already wasted time/money on so called help that was no help. This is my last report on the matter. I can no longer afford time away from urgency of packing/moving by month’s end to prevent more property rip off. Help agencies need reality check, too. Replace uninspired,unmotivated, lazy, careless employees with those who value a customer and a paid job and are willing to work/extend service for the pay. so many passive-aggressive people we have in place now is the best,most glaring argument for universal mental health /hygiene therapy!
We have to stop accepting insane, illogical, unreasoning , plain old stupid rules and legal systems and jargon and endless talk-no-action and spin that is mind numbingly devoid of common sense.
Linda D. W. Griffin
CREDIT REPORTING/SCORING????
Now, there’s a chunk of insanity to deal with. What were those system designers smoking? If ever there was a ninth circle of absence of reason! For starters: Who looks at/relies on credit report/score who is not invested in lower score? And, ain’t it always the way that those of us who are most reliable are most ripped off while the least reliable get away with murder only to have most reliable pay the dues!!!!!!! Until the reliables in the middle class are broken beyond recognition and they too are forced into government reliance. The worst damage of Bush years is context of managment axiom that you-know-what rolls downhill—i.e. he created such a lousy leadership context reflected back by unethical, illegal, stupidity pandemic that spread throughout every tax bracket! My idea?: HONESTY IS THE GOLDEN THREAD IN ALL OTHER TOPICAL PROBLEMS. GET BEHIND LATEST LIE DETECTION TECHNOLOGY(WITHOUT DELAY THAT TOOK FOREVER TO EMBRACE PHOTO FINISHES, AAN OBVIOUS NO BRAINER TO ME AT AGE 10?!), MAKE IT WIDELY AVAILABLE AND UNFLINCHINGLY PROVIDE CONSEQUENCES RELEVANT TO LIES, INCLUDING BUT CERTAINLY NOT LIMITED TO LIES RAMPANT IN ADVERTISING AND SALES (AND PITCHES)!!!!
——————————————————————————–this notice at the office of comptroller website reminded me to include that last paragraph.
A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!

6 Theresa Dawson March 19, 2009 at 11:27 am

A Reaction to Bill 875 (Food Safety Modernization Act/Criminalization of Organic Farms
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am a certified natural health professional and a proponent of whole foods and organic products. I believe that everyone deserves access to whatever foods they want. We are responsible for our own health. Some people choose to eat conventionally-grown produce, and that is fine. Others want organic produce, and should have access to it. Abolishing either is abolishing health freedom, as far as I’m concerned.